Friday, October 02, 2020

A Supernatural Gift

 Sometimes a passion or a gift is lost in everyday life. The realities of our world changes our paths on so many levels. Family responsibilities , health crisis and additional pressures on my timetable caused me to put aside the best therapy I ever had. WRITING! 

Why did I allow the one thing that helped make the world make sense , cease and desist? Why did I let the one passion in my life go to the wayside?

While talking to a dear friend on the phone today, life hit me in the side of my head with a brick. Now granted that brick was not made of stone...but the impact was just as hurtful. I realized that while offering this friend advice on pushing through the negatives of the world, I have not been living my true words. I used to pour every feeling and thought into this blog, never knowing where my words would lead me. 

During that beloved conversation, I was reminded of this blog and the joy it gave me. I was trying to lift her up and remind her that she was valuable, that she mattered. I wanted her to know that she was making a difference. I told her that fate brought us together. Everything that happens in life, happens by devine intervention. During this conversation she called me supernatural, that a friendship like mine is from another world. It’s funny how two people from two different worlds, from two countries over 8000 km apart can feel so connected. That two strangers , over time have created a bond like family. Soul sisters

Little did this friend understand that with this simple conversation , I was reminded of a love that I let slip through my fingers. A love of words.

So I dedicate this post to my soul sister, Georgiana. Thank you for reminding me that words can change a person’s world. Words can make a difference.

Today starts a new beginning .Today I was reminded that sometimes you need to look to your past, in order to move towards your future. 

Thank you my friend,

I love you.