Thursday, July 14, 2005

Off we Go....

Well we are off for another appointment at Toronto Sick Kids. We are making the trip this time with our oldest child, Parker. Both he and Annika will be getting a sweat test. Her to recheck her salt levels, and this will be his first test to rule out CF. The doctors do not expect it to be positive. Please keep him in your prayers . Also Dennis, Dave's twin, Angie, Dennis's girl friend, and Ann, Dave's mom are coming to get tested for the CF gene, and to participate in the CF research . My parents and brother are going to do the testing at home.
It should be a crazy start to this weekend. We are going down on Thursday night, since our appointments are early in the morning. So another hotel stay, and more dining out. More picking and prodding of our babies, and more waiting for results. This is the tiring side of CF. Unanswered questions, testing, waiting, the unknown!
Besides always putting something foreign in my daughter's mouth, this is the part I dread......clinic. Will my daughter pass the tests, will she gain weight, will she have an infection, or be exposed to one at the hospital.....blah, blah, blah. My faith in God is the only thing that keeps me strong. That and my wonderful husband, children , family and friends.
I will update you on the results.