Sunday, June 03, 2012

Miracles in the familiar faces

Everyone looks for miracles in famous places. the Vatican, church, the crying wall.....I could keep listing all the amazing places that offer support in our faith and beliefs. I could remind all the people who venture to read this blog, that miracles happen everyday, but I really don't want to push my faith on anyone. Your journey in faith has to be your own, no one can convince you of unconditional love. My journey in faith began as a teenager, I wondered how could a father love their children unconditionally and forgive them of their sins, no matter the sin. Then I had my own children, and instantly I understood. Nothing my child could do, no crime, no offence , could break my love for them. Yes they will greatly disappoint me at times. Yes they will one day ask for my support, than the next deny my word. Yes they will profess their love for me in private, but deny my love to friends in public. As a parent we understand this, we except this. So why is it so hard to understand that our creator can do the same.
Don't get me wrong, I am a normal child of God. I do all the above, just as my children do to me......but as I get older I realize that his love is unbreakable. He loves me, and the proof is in the pudding.
So many times, people ask me....How can you be so strong, how much more can you take? How do you do it? Don't you feel like you have been cursed? Why does God allow illness in children, are they not innocent?
Wow......so many questions, and I will never have the right answers for some. I do what I do , because as a parent I have no other choice. I guess until you are a parent, it is a really hard concept to understand. As an adult, I made the decision to have children. I wanted them, I prayed for them, I ached for them. Never once did I pray for God to send me only healthy children. I prayed for children. Some might say that stupidity was involved....I should have thought of my prayers before I said them. I reply, no I had faith that whatever child God blessed me with, that He would also give me the ability to care for them.
Every hospitalization, every needle, every test, every infection brought forth this reality of faith. Should I hate God for putting my child in this situation, after all she is so innocent. Were my sins so great , that this is my punishment? NO! What makes me, and mine so special that we shouldn't experience trials and tribulations. Do we not learn from our errors, do we not learn from experiences, do we not learn from good and bad. The answer is yes! My children are beautiful! My children are gifts! My children are his! My children are amazing , loving  beings that enlighten my faith everyday.
Never once has my daughter asked why has God done this to me! No instead she prays for healing. She prays for peace, she prays for everything else a child of faith prays for. She prays for a trip aboard, she prays for food for the hungry, and she prays for a cure for cystic fibrosis. She doesn't feel forsaken, nor do I . I feel blessed by the miracles that surround me. Some might ask....what miracles surround you? Well people open your eyes and look around you. Do you not see the sun rise or set, or do you choose to sleep late, and ignore the beauty? Do you not feel the wind whip around you, or do you close your windows and relish the four walls that surround you. Do you not hear the laughter of little ones, or do you choose to complain of the noise they make. So many miracles, so little thought directed at them. Life itself.....10 fingers, ten toes, created by a single act of love and passion? Breathing, a miracle so many take for granted. Life.....a miracle that others just assume they are entitled too. I am surrounded by miracles in everyday faces....familiar faces. My children, my husband, my family and friends. I am reminded of miracles with each smile, or fallen tear. I am blessed to be surrounded by such amazing miracles everyday...... how do you see it miracles, or just something you are a part of? I choose something bigger and better! I choose GOD.