Sunday, August 14, 2005

The word is out.....

Not long ago, Annika's doctor called to tell me the news. I too have cystic fibrosis. I am a carrier of the DF508 gene+ R117H-7T gene. Yep, that is right I carry two CF genes, therefore I am positive for the CF disease. The R117H-7T gene gives me full pancreatic function. I am still waiting to hear from Toronto. They are scheduling many, many tests for me. Toronto is pretty puzzled with the fact that I have been walking around for 33 years with little to no symptoms. I will be the adult guinea pig.
I pray they find something in me that can help Annika in the future. God gave me Annika, and without her , I may have never been diagnosed?
My life changed the day Annika was diagnosed, but it has changed even more since I was diagnosed. So many questions, with no answers yet. I don't know how I feel. Numb and depressed is a start.
I have given in to the fact that I will no longer be able to do hospital births, only home births( we all know how hospitals are teaming with germs).
I am filled with hope, and my faith is strong.I will fight for myself and my daughter.
This blog will serve as therapy for me I am sure. I will keep everyone updated.